Pickling Spice is something you have to plan on ordering online or know which grocery store actually carries it in stock so why not make your own pickling spice? It is super easy! Recipe below make 1/2 cup.
- 1 Tsp ground ginger
- 2 bay leaves crumbled
- 2 cinnamon sticks, broken in half
- 6 whole cloves
- 2 Tbsp whole mustard seeds
- 2 Tsp whole coriander seed
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes, more if you want more kick
- 1 Tbsp whole allspice berries
Place everything in a container you can put a lid on. Shake it up! You are done, no joke. Now go get your pickling on!
Terraganics Living participates in various affiliate programs which means that you might click on a link for a product from which we receive a small commission, although the price for you doesn't change any. Commissions go towards the costs of keeping this sweet site up and running. 🙂